I am sure all of you have seen the Best in Nine meme that was all over instagram at the end of 2015 (I write that as if the ‘end of 2015’ was months and months ago rather than last week). My Best in Nine was surprising and not at all what I would have expected so instead I wanted to create my own series of pictures, all of which have stories and memories behind them which made my 2015. I can’t tell you how hard it was for me to choose only 16 images!
So from L-R, top to bottom, here is my 2015:
- I joined a run club! Until January this year I had never run with anyone other than myself so this was an extremely daunting prospect. Since running with Nike for the first time almost a year ago for the first time, I haven’t looked back.
- As an early birthday present from Sister to me I had the chance to fly falcons and even have an eagle on my arm. Her name is Lady Lincoln (they were expecting a boy) and seeing her so close was epic.
- One of the best holidays of my life was a trip I took with Sister to Stockholm. Absolutely wonderful. We walked everywhere and this walk eventually led us to the Baltic Sea.
- This picture is for me to remember that sometimes when acting like a loon, a picture can be taken at the best possible moment that shows just how much fun you’re having.
- Thanks to Nike Court and Wimbledon I had the chance to play tennis with Serena Williams and Roger Federer.
- I set a PB in the Nike Women’s 10k – one I can’t wait to beat.
- 2015 was the year I fully embraced weight training. I love it and I love the changes in my body and the extra strength I have.
- This picture is to remind me that it’s always worth saying yes to things, even if the thing you are being asked to do is a plank on someone’s back. Life is for taking risks.
- Sister has had a hard time this year with maintaining her running. We ran Sure’s Run to the Beat together and finished in a fantastic time and this picture says it all.
- I spent my birthday running a 10k in the Olympic Park in the cold and wind. Sadly not a PB but a great race nonetheless.
- This year I discovered Les Mills Body Pump. A revelation. A fun one at that too.
- After You by Jojo Moyes was just one of the amazing books I read in 2015. There are so many books I recommend – have a look through my books archive for more, so many more, but this one will always have a special place in my heart because I love Me Before You so much.
- I ran my fastest ever mile in 2015 and I know I have gotten faster than that. I want that number to be under 7 minutes next time. Here’s hoping!
- Running Midnight 2 Midnight with London Midnight Runners was definitely one of the most memorable runs I have ever done all the more so because all the money went to a special cause.
- While Sister and I were in Stockholm we ate all the food and all the pastries. Food really is delicious.
- I tried to embrace yoga, I really did. This is definitely something I need to work harder on in 2016!
What these photos don’t show are the people I met via instagram. These amazing people keep me smiling! 2015 had it’s ups and downs but it was a wonderful year – I was even part of a sprint triathlon!
Do you all have any personal highlights from the year?