August is here and it is time for my third ‘7 Things’ post! Summer in London has its positives and negatives – you have the stifling hot tubes but you also have the stunning flowers, the sounds of birds singing, and warmth which stretches well into the evening. I love this time of year and am looking forward to what it has in store for me. My 7 Things For August carries forward one point from July, one which I really wish I had been able to do then. Please let me know what you want this month to have in store for you – I love reading about everything that all of you are up to.
- Have greener sanitary products. This is the one thing I really wish I had been able to achieve in July but due to holidaying in Sri Lanka and truly bad planning my period came before I had even been able to order some conscious sanitary products. So this month I am well ahead and ready.
- I want to start going green in other areas of my life too namely:
- My coffee – it’s time I stopped using ‘recyclable’ coffee cups from shops which horribly aren’t recyclable at all;
- Sunblock – it is something I use almost all of the time especially since I run outside and I want to use products which have as small a carbon footprint as possible.
- Stretch properly. There was a time I was diligent about this but recently that has slipped. I need to get back into stretching properly after every run and every workout.
- Be more aware and clever about what I spend my money on. I want this to be a lifelong point but also want to write it down so that I can hold myself accountable. More than anything I want to stop wasting money on things which don’t matter.
- Explore more of the UK. I am hoping that I will be able to go somewhere in August and instead of going abroad I would love to go to somewhere in the UK. I live on a truly beautiful island and I need to take advantage of that. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
- Try to stop being so angry on the tube. Having a book always helps with this but it doesn’t solve the problem. I really need to not let other people (and their bags) get to me.
- Get some running basics nailed. I started running in a straight line and that is almost exactly what I have carried on doing. I don’t think this helps my knees at all so I want to go back to running basics and improve my joint strength and flexibility.
Happy August everyone!