Fashion Week is waving a fond farewell to New York before heading across to the pond. And as New York scrubs the glitter off the walls and wonders exactly what happen to street style to ruin it so, I’m going to take stock of what I have learnt.
- It’s better to fall when you are in a killer pair of shoes. Sure the shoes are the reason you fell but if you’d slipped in trainers no one would be laughing with you; they’d be laughing at you instead.
2. Shoes are the way to my heart. Not even worth pretending otherwise.
3. WASP-y pearls are coming back especially if, like Tory Birch, you just stepped of a ship and had some sort of tea party in some river.
4. I don’t want all the ruffles to ever go away.
4. See Now Buy Now is a thing and this thing is here to stay. Well at least for now. I don’t know how I feel about this but I definitely don’t mind it as much as some people do.
5. You are a dannnncing queen, young and sweet, only 17!
6. Knickers as trousers will become A Thing and earring will stay as A Thing.
7. Fashion designers still don’t see problems with completely dismissing people of colour whilst also taking their style. Marc Jacobs channelled Lady Gaga from circa 2013 and the hairdresser took inspiration from ‘the street’ for the hairstyles. I’m going to be cynical and say it was all done on purpose to get the collection talked about.
Now it’s London’s turn. Here’s hoping for the same and a lot better.