What I never thought would happen, has actually happened: we have entered 2017. January is the time for resolutions and goals but over the past few years I have instead been setting myself more achievable, much smaller targets. And these 7 Things posts have really helped me to focus every month and incrementally they result in bigger changes. So without further ado, here are my 7 Things for January!
- Wear and use the things I buy. I have turned into one of those people who buy lovely things and then just store them in metaphorical plastic covers and never use them. I don’t want to re-discover something in a decade, I want to use it now. This includes:
- The items I bought in the sale (a beautiful dress and a bag);
- Socks – for some reason I think there is going to be a worldwide shortage of socks soon and have been stockpile for the eventuality.
- Start getting into a running routine. My physio said I can run and I want to get over the fear and instead get back into the habit. If my knee really hurts I need to make sure I go back to an expert and get it sorted.
- Not spend the whole month in my bed surrounded by blankets and cushions.
- I read some amazing books over Christmas and since then nothing I have tried to read has stuck. I want to get out of my book slump and find a book which really captures me.
- Keep on working my core. Since I stopped running I have been focussing on muscle development and core strength. With running slowly starting up again, I don’t want all the progress I made to be for nothing.
- Wear a beautiful dress to work one day.
- Step away from my computer every single lunchtime.
- I am only allowed to stay inside if I have back to back meetings or if it is pouring with rain outside.
What have you all got planned for yourselves this January? If you are one of the many people who wants to get fitter and has decided to join a gym, I hope you’re having a wonderful time. Don’t be afraid to ask someone for help with a machine if you have no idea what to do.